cosmin.cremarenco [ non-spammers remove this ) @gmail.com
- 2003-2004 DEA MISI (M.Sc.) - University of Versailles - specialization in advanced databases
- 1998-2003 "Polytechnic University of Bucharest" - Computer Science Faculty - specialization in Operating Systems design and Database design. GPA: 7.97/10
- 2001-2003 Cisco Certified Networking Associate 4 semesters
- 1994-1998 "Alexandru Lahovari" Highschool Rm. Valcea certified "Analyst programmer"
sep 2008 - present
Senior Software Engineer at Murex in the Core team.
- mar 2005 - aug 2008 C++ developer at ITO33.
Created a compiler that translates high-level language to SQL SGBD-specific (used with Postgres, SQLite, MSSQL and Oracle). Created complex MFC GUI frontend to the finance pricing engine
- oct 2003 - mar 2005 internship SMIS project, Inria Rocquencourt/France.
Researched different ways to optimally store and query XML data on Flash memory devices with great capacity. Created a xml data on-the-fly compressor, actual xml being stored in a smartcard. Created Symbian based video player
- feb 2003 - sep 2003 internship GEMO project, Inria Futurs. Created a J2ME ActiveXML peer, presented at the VLDB 2003 conference
- jun 2002 - jun 2003 working as a Java developer at Nextnet SRL.
Teamleader over a small group of developers we created internet based applications using Java J2EE technology
- jul 2001 - jan 2002 working as a C programmer under linux and linux system administrator at Teranet srl
- Luc Bouganim, Cosmin Cremarenco, Francois Dang Ngoc, Nicolas Dieu, Philippe Pucheral: Safe data sharing and data dissemination on smart devices. SIGMOD Conference 2005: 888-890
- Serge Abiteboul, Jerome Baumgarten, Angela Bonifati, Gregory Cobena, Cosmin Cremarenco, Florin Dragan, Ioana Manolescu, Tova Milo, Nicoleta Preda: Managing Distributed Workspaces with Active XML. VLDB 2003: 1061-1064
- SIMagine 2005 Gold Award (20,000 EUR) contest organized by Axalto at 3GSM Congress, Cannes. The purpose of this contest is to design an innovative solution on Mobile/SIM phones. We presented a fair DRM solution for cell phone and illustrated its effectiveness on a parental control application on video streams. More than 200 teams from all around the world took part in this contest
- E-Gate 2004 Silver Award (8,000 EUR) contest organized by Axalto at CT/ST Congress, Washington DC. The aim of this contest is to design an innovative solution taking advantage of an e-gate smartcard. We present a solution to secure the sharing of data on a collaborative work application. 84 teams issued from 22 countries took part in the contest
- A Network File Resources Indexing Server complete with File Retrieving Client IBM Linux Challenge Competition 2002 project
This project intends to reveal in an easy to access manner a Local Area Network, otherwise hidden behind a router. Hence exposing new ideas, data, multimedia which are materialized as files becomes seamlessly easy. Implementation on Linux using Samba, Perl, MySql, sockets. Windows client is using Winsock v1.1 implementation
- An Xpath engine designed specifically for platforms with low resource availability (J2ME, but also JavaCard)
- A compiler for a C like language running on Linux;
Generates intermediary code, assembly code and code analysis, performs optimizations on top of the intermediary code. Implemented in C, using Flex and Bison
- Programming languages: C/C++ (comprehensive), Java (comprehensive), Perl, PHP
- Web Services related technologies: XML-RPC, SOAP
- Web Technologies or XML-Related Technologies: XML, XSL, Xpath, DTD, Xschema, DOM
- Linux (UNIX) related: socket programming (both BSD implementation on Linux and Winsock v1.1 on Windows), IPC, kernel modules development
- Networking: good understanding of both LAN and WAN technologies (Cisco certifications)
- Operating Systems: UNIX (comprehensive knowledge of Linux), Windows NT
- J2EE: experience involving Java Server Pages, servlets, JDBC, JDOM, taglibs, servlets container used: Tomcat
- Java: RMI, concurrent programming, swing, applets, J2Me
- Database Systems: Oracle 8i and 9i, MySql, Postgres
- Software Development Environments: Visual C++ 6.0, Jbuilder 6, IBM Visual Age 4.0, Eclipse 2.1
- English (fluent)
- French (fluent)
- Romanian (native)